By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a accomplished assessment of the commercial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic components that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, type, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, word list of key words, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case reports of a few motion pictures, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read Online or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
Examines the complexities and contradictions that come up while the monsters within the videos are little ones. because the Fifties, youngsters have supplied a few of horror’s optimum and enduring villains, from dainty psychopath Rhoda Penmark of The undesirable Seed (1956) and spectacularly possessed Regan MacNeil of The Exorcist (1973) to psychic ghost-girl Samara of the hoop (2002) and followed terror Esther of Orphan (2009).
Sonatas, Screams, and Silence: tune and Sound within the motion pictures of Ingmar Bergman is the 1st musical exam of Bergman’s sort as an auteur filmmaker. It offers a finished exam of all 3 points (music, sound results, and voice) of Bergman’s signature soundtrack-style. via examinations of Bergman’s biographical hyperlinks to track, the position of song, sound results, silence, and voice, and Bergman’s operating equipment with sound technicians, mixers, and editors, this booklet argues that Bergman’s soundtracks are as beautifully built as his mental narratives and breathtaking cinematography.
Personality Kings 2 maintains to ascertain the careers of the busiest males in Hollywood, that includes 15 all-new interviews with the industry's so much recognizable actors. choked with behind-the-scenes anecdotes concerning the making of films and television exhibits, how to organize for auditions, the recommendations that deliver a personality to lifestyles and the secrets and techniques to incomes a residing in a hugely aggressive undefined, personality Kings 2 deals extra instructive classes concerning the artwork and company of appearing.
Upon its leading in July 1938 in the course of a time of emerging pressure among the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany, Sergei Eisenstein's epic movie Alexander Nevsky-with a rating by means of preeminent composer Sergei Prokofiev-was commonly lauded by means of Soviet critics and audiences. The ranking, which Prokofiev might organize as a separate cantata the subsequent yr, approximates the film's narrative, depicting the Proto-Russian voters of Novgorod's heroic victory over the invading Teutonic Knights.
- Weimar Film and Modern Jewish Identity (Studies in European Culture and History)
- Rock 'N' Film: Cinema's Dance With Popular Music
- Orson Welles: The Final Cut
- Indianizing Film: Decolonization, the Andes, and the Question of Technology (New Directions in International Studies)
Extra resources for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies
America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies by Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin